March 23, 2013

Nicole

This is my dear friend Nicole; the sweetest, kindest, 
most Christlike person you will ever meet. 

On February 17, heaven was sent another angel. 
Heavenly Father had called her home after battling cancer for years.

Nicole and I met a little over a year ago and BYU-Idaho. 
We were in the same ward, and that's how we became friends.
The first thing I noticed about Nicole was her ability to be friends with everyone.
She was so happy and always had a smile on her face.


My favorite memory of Nicole is sitting for hours and hours talking 
in my room about everything. (This was a weekly occurrence.) 
We went to our Tuesday night yoga class,
and had snowball fights with random boys.
We'd go to our ward activities,
and talk about our 'baby' crushes.
On weekend nights, we'd hang out with the boys of apt #401
and watch scary movies (actually not really, Nicole and I would talk 
in the kitchen and make no bake cookies while the 
boys and Emily watched the scary movies ;)

We grew so close.


Our winter semester ended, and Nicole went home to Washington,
and I went home to Arizona.
We talked on the phone, trying to keep in touch.
Each time I would talk to her, she was so positive about everything.
We'd laugh on the phone, reminiscing and saying"remember when...?"
Even though we were a few states apart, she was 
still one of my greatest friends.


It's been very difficult for me to realize that Nicole is no 
longer on this Earth anymore, that I can't call her up on 
the phone anymore whenever I want.

There have been lots of tears shed.

I don't know why Nicole had to go through this trial,
but what I do know is that Heavenly Father loves ALL of his children,
and we will all return back to him someday.
Heavenly Father will not give us any trial that we cannot handle,
and he knew that Nicole was strong enough to handle this one.


I am so thankful for The Plan of Happiness.
It has given me so much comfort these last couple of weeks.
It truly is a plan of happiness!
I am thankful for the knowledge that I will see 
my sweet friend Nicole again, 
that I will be able to embrace her with the biggest hug,
and that someday, 
we will once again sit on our beds and talk for hours and hours;
and that makes my heart very happy.


I know that Heavenly Father puts people in our lives for a reason.
Nicole changed my life for the better.
I am thankful for Nicole's Christlike example to me,
for our cherished friendship,
for her faith and obedience in God's plan,
for her strong testimony,
for her positive attitude,
and for her beautiful spirit that exudes happiness!

You are a true friend. I love you, my sweet Nicole! 'Til we meet again...


http://mormon.org/me/66qj

No comments: