February 22, 2013

I hope they call me on a MISSION!!!

 I'm going on a MISSION to.....
***watch video to find out***


***drum roll please***


URUGUAY, MONTEVIDEO mission, 
SPANISH SPEAKING!!! 
I report to the Argentina MTC 
on July 4th, 2013!!!


I cannot explain in words how excited I am. 
I know that this is where I'm suppose to serve for 18 months of my life.
I already love the people of Uruguay and I don't even know them yet!

During my free time, I research Uruguay. I have found out that:

--Uruguayans are European, so about 80% of them have blonde hair and white skin.


--Even though it's in South America, they don't serve rice and beans, but a lot of meat and empenadas.
--They have a beautiful temple.


--Uruguay LOVES soccer.
--Their seasons are opposite of ours, so when I leave in the middle of summer here, 
it will be middle of winter there!



I have until now and July 4th to prepare as much as I can and to lose my Gringo accent...
Ready, set, GO!

1 comment:

Karlie said...

Katie! I totally saw your video on facebook and fell in love with how you began your "walk to the mailbox" so I had to copy cat that idea! It was just too cute! P.S. Good luck! The people of Uruguay are going to love your smiley personality! :)