December 26, 2012

Katie's top 10 Christmas favorites!

1:: This picture:
(I am the oldest and shortest grandchild on the Dayley side)


2 :: The Dayley family gift exchange (not as competitive as the Coon's)
It was creative and fun. I ended up with a box of Candy land bandaids. Very useful.


3 :: Our traditional yummy turtle cookies and all the Christmas goodies for that matter. ((My sugar fast starts tomorrow... I'm serious about this one ;))


4 :: The Coon gift exchange...
To make things a little more exciting, the family decided that the gift you brought had to be at least $20 AND to play the game, you had to put $5 into the bucket. Whoever had the most traded gift got the jackpot full of $$ money $$! Now talk about COMPETITIVE!

5 :: The Coon's 3 main 'loves'
1.) Chocolate 
2.) Coke/Mexican coke
3.) Money

These 'loves' were very evident in our gift exchange.


6 :: Traditional Christmas PJ's
My favorite tradition, I think! When we were little, mom use to sew us each matching pajamas, but through the years it has just gotten too busy. We've settled for warm and cozy store bought pajamas instead, and love them just the same.


7 :: Make-up before and afters! ha ha.

8 :: Seeing the spirit of Christmas in my little sisters!
My sisters, especially Hannah, was super excited for Santa to come. She made sure to set out cookies for Santa and sprinkle magic reindeer dust on our lawn so the reindeer would find our house. She even heard Santa's sleigh bells ringing outside of her window!


 9 :: Christmas morning and all that it entails.
Walking down the hall singing "We wish you a merry Christmas" and opening gifts given to one another. There's nothing like it.


10 :: Crepe Breakfast and spending time with my family
For 15 years Grandma and Grandpa Dayley and the Shumways have come over for breakfast on Christmas morning. 

This Christmas season, I am most thankful for the birth of my Savior. I loved going to the temple and watching the Nativity movie. I loved hearing the Christmas music speak about Christ. I love my Savior and I love this Christmas season. May we keep this Christmas spirit and the spirit of giving all year round. 

365 more days until next Christmas! 

No comments: