April 09, 2011

Change.

"Kitty (Katie), I don't what you to change schools" says Hannah.

Hannah told me that today out of the blue. I had no idea what she was talking about, but then it clicked. I'm leaving for BYU-I in September! I'm actually leaving. I had an overwhelming feeling of sadness come over me. Things are going to change in the next couple of months. It's a bittersweet change.

Things I'm going to miss about home:
  • MY FAMILY: words cannot express how much I love them.
  • Sitting at the kitchen counter talking to my mom while she fixes dinner.
  • Gospel discussions with my dad.
  • Dad waking me up on Saturday mornings.
  • Mom's homemade bread.
  • Annie's contagious laugh.
  • Hannah's sassy attitude.
  • Cheering for James at his games.
  • My mom's hugs before I leave for school.
  • Neighbor kids hopping the fence.
  • Our grumpy neighbor.
  • Doing the dishes.
  • My green room and big queen size bed.
  • Laughing at Hannah's funnies.
  • Telling Annie she looks cute every morning. She's so fashionable.
  • Playing tennis with my dad.
  • Dad's singing.
  • Long walks with my mom at night.
  • Working out with James.
  • Waking up to seeing James do AB Ripper X.
  • My job.
  • Jamming out to Justin Beiber with Annie and Hannah.
  • Giving James advice & James giving me advice.
  • Wrestling with James and teasing him that I'm stronger than he is. :P
  • Family prayer.
  • Family nights.
  • Making crazy commercials with my cousins.
  • Playing catch with dad and James.
  • Our green grass and orange blossoms.
  • Mom proofreading my many papers.
  • Seeing dad up on the stand every Sunday.
  • Hearing my dad's testimony practically everyday.
  • Always having a homemade meal.
  • Mmm...the good fiber cereals.
  • Ben and Jerry's ice cream.
  • Ranger riding out in the desert.
  • Having "Lorna Crepes" every special occasion.
  • Dad's crazy stories of mom sleepwalking.
  • Annie's energy.
  • Seeing my dad squeeze my mom's tush.
  • Playing the organ every Sunday.
  • Green smoothies!
  • My family's willing attitude to serve- all the time.
  • Being the bishop's daughter.
  • Laughing uncontrollably with James.
  • My clean house.
  • Our many, many family traditions
  • Wonderful spirit in our home.
  • All 6 of us laying on my parent's bed Saturday morning/Sunday afternoon.
  • Dad's massager.
  • Mom doing my laundry. (thanks mom:)
  • Free haircuts!
  • Wyoming honey. so good.
  • Grandma's Piano Recitals
  • The Coon's many get togethers.
  • Laughing at Hannah constantly.

No comments: